Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mouthwatering El Meson


I went to El Meson for the first time, and it was great. They serve very authentic Mexican food that is some of the best in Austin. If you wanted you could just eat El Meson's appetizers, they are that good. The guacamole is made when you order it, so you get that fresh guacamole taste every time you order. They also have some mini spinach tacos, that I could eat everyday of my life! With the appetizers, you get the specialty of the day which in my case was a fantastic lentil soup. But when a friend went they were served fresh mangoes that were the perfect ripeness. For my Entrée I had a tough decision between the Conchinita Pibil and the Chilorio, but in the end I went with the Conchinita Pibil. It is a marinated pork dish which is topped with pickled onions and a side of rice and beans. The pork was so tender that it fell apart in my mouth. The onions were marinated perfectly and they went extremely well with the pork, overall it was a perfect dinner. I went to the Lamar location but the also have a location on Burleson road, and the menus are slightly different between each location but anything you get is bound to be good. For more info click here
                                          -Chef Boyardee


                                             This is the Conchinita Pibil
                                             Courtesy of El Meson

No comments:

Post a Comment