Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mueller's Barbacue Trailer

Platter of BBQ from JMuellers courtesy of flickr
So many trailers nowadays in Austin. Kxan reports that there is over 1600 food trailers in Austin. So how do you weed out the bad ones, and how do you try all  of the amazing ones. Some of the famous trailers are Franklin’s Barbecue, Torchys, Fliphappy and Hey Cupcake. But there are numerous trailers that are flying under the radar, sometimes those are the best. One such place is a recently opened barbecue trailer on S. 1st . Owned and operated by John Mueller, the grandson of Louie Mueller the famous pit master and barbecue joint in Tyler,Tx. Everything here is excellent but the two winners in my opinion were the pork chops and the brisket. Normally whenever I order barbecue pork chops they are dry and tough but these pork chops were perfect. They were moist, tender and the rub on the pork chops were excellent. The brisket was great, I don’t know what it was but it were gone too quickly. The ribs were also very good, the only thing I was not a huge fan of was the sauce. It was  pretty liquidy and I am used to a thick barbecue sauce, maybe I just need to eat it more. And I definitely will be eating it again. For more info click here

                -Chef Boyardee

1 comment: