Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SNAP, CRACKLE, POP! RICE KRISPIES!

Homemade rice krispy treat! Photo from flickr.

When I was little, about six, I was obsessed with rice krispie treats! There were so many flavors and it was so sweet! Were the only thing my sister and me would eat. We would go crazy from the sugar but then crash and have horrible stomachaches, so my parents stopped buying them. First my sister and me were so irritated and at first we went did a silent treatment, but my parents were actually happy about that (We were such noisy kids!). When we figured my parents were pleased with the peacefulness in the house, we went crazy! Screamed and ran around the house, jumped on the beds; we were insane! My parents finally gave in but since the Rice Krispy Treats were expensive, my parents taught us how to make our own at home! It is very quick and simple. I could even make it when I was six! Rice Krispy treats are so amazing, but they are even better homemade! Here is how to make it!

Ingredients:
A bag of marshmallows
A box of rice krispie treats cereal
A stick of butter

Directions:
Put butter in the microwave until completely melted
Take out a tin pan and pour the melted butter evenly in the pan
Pour the cereal into the tin pan. Then pour the marshmallows on top of that.
Put the tin pan in the oven and heat up for only two minutes
Enjoy!


"Toucan Sam"
For other recipes go to foodnetwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment