Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fudgin' it Up


Art credit here
When I think of Christmas dessert, I think of fudge.  Most people would say , “milk and cookies,” because that’s what people leave for dear old Santa Claus.  My family, on the other hand, was different.  Instead of leaving cookies, we left judge.  Fudge is basically a big block of melted chocolate that you freeze into to hard chunks.  The recipe I use to make fudge is the Ghirardelli kind which is:

2 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
2 cup(s) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup(s) sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
1 cup(s) chopped pecans or walnuts

Line an 8-inch square baking pan with waxed paper. Place chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir the mixture occasionally until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the vanilla extract and nuts. Spread fudge evenly in prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm. Cut when cool and firm. Store uncovered in the refrigerator.

Now some of you may be thinking, “I don’t celebrate Christmas!:( Can I not make this delicious fudge?”  Well of coarse you can! Fudge does not actually have anything to do with Christmas (I think…), so you can make it for any holiday or if your having a chocolate craving like I do, every day.  For more information click here.
                                                                                            -Mr.Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment